Monday, April 16, 2012

Children's Book Review: The Daddy Mountain

The Daddy Mountain

The Daddy Mountain
Written and illustrated by: Jules Feiffer
Published by: Michael Di Capua Books, 2004

from goodreads.com:
Before your very eyes, this little redhead is about to do something extremely daring. And scary. And she'll show you-she'll actually document, step-by-step-exactly how she does it. First, she takes her Daddy and makes him stand very still. Then, balancing herself on his shoe, she wraps her arms tightly around a leg and starts her perilous ascent to the summit. Thrills and chills, guaranteed. LOOK OUT BELOW JULES FEIFFER has won a number of prizes for his cartoons, plays, and screenplays, including the Pulitzer Prize for editorial cartooning. His books for children include The House Across the Street; By the Side of the Road; I'm Not Bobby; I Lost My Bear; and Meanwhile..He lives in New York City.

* My son and has a tendency to jump on your back when you're least expecting it or to grab your hands, climb up your legs, and flip himself over.  We've been discouraging him from climbing on people (and us!), the main reason being safety for both himself and the person he's climbing on.  So, this probably wasn't the best of books to read to him, since the little girl in the story explains step-by-step how she climbs "The Daddy Mountain."   My daughter actually wanted to "read this to her brother."  So we left the two of them in his room and let her do her thing.  I read it quickly on my own and I asked my son the next day if he enjoyed the book which he commented, "a little bit."  While we enjoyed Bark, George also written by Feiffer, this book wasn't a favorite. 

Family Rating: So-so.

No comments:

Post a Comment