Sunday, April 22, 2012

Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle

This past Easter we went to my parent's house for dinner.  My mom was taking care of dinner and asked me to bring dessert.  Dessert with my family is challenging because my father doesn't eat peanut butter and my brother doesn't like cake.  My parents got me a trifle bowl (which I had asked for!) last Christmas and I don't get to use it very often.  The Weekend Chef actually found this recipe which sounded delicious. 

The days before Easter were super busy.  We had just gotten home from visiting my sister in Maryland on Friday, when we went grocery shopping.  Saturday we had an Easter party and then we went to my husband's aunt's house to celebrate Passover.  We woke up Sunday and our kids got their Easter presents and went egg hunting.  While I showered my husband started this.  While he showered I finished it so it could chill in the fridge while we went to mass.  Then we got home, I made the cookies (in tomorrow's post) and then we went to my parent's. 

Somehow this dessert was made in time for us to make it to Church in time to get a seat! While it did take a little time and was done tag team style, it was still pretty easy.  And it was delicious!  Everyone loved it and it will definitely be filed in the need to make again soon folder!

  Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle
allrecipes.com- Tammy Irvine

Prep time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 servings

Ingredients:
1 quart fresh strawberries
1 1/4 cups cold milk
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, room temperature, divided
2 cups whipped topping
1 (3 ounce) package ladyfingers, split
6 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, grated

Directions:
1.Set aside three strawberries for garnish; slice the remaining strawberries. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 2 tablespoons coffee. Beat in pudding. Fold in whipped topping.

2.Brush remaining coffee over ladyfingers. Line the bottom of a 3-qt. trifle or glass serving bowl with half of the ladyfingers. Top with half of the sliced berries, grated chocolate and pudding mixture; repeat layers. Cut reserved berries in half; place on trifle. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment