Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chicken Parm Garlic Bread Burgers


We have a Weber charcoal grill that I will admit that I have no idea how to use.  My husband and I are both totally fine with this.  Although I'm hoping to figure it out by summer so I won't have to use the oven and heat the kitchen up even more when it's ridiculously hot already.  I saw this recipe and it had me at garlic bread.  As I read on though I noticed that it used an outdoor grill.  Well, I couldn't wait for my husband to make these so I was going to make it work and cook them inside ASAP!  I thought that these were really good!  My kids, who like all of the ingredients loved the garlic bread roll but didn't eat much of the chicken.  I do have to admit that I really like my chicken breaded and fried when having chicken parm.  So, may have to do a redo with this with breaded cutlets!  Overall, this was a pretty tasty sandwich!

Chicken Parm Garlic Bread Burgers
recipe slightly adapted from Lauren's Latest

Ingredients:
4 thin sliced, boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
non-stick oil spray
4 thick slices mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese {you’ll want the real stuff so it will melt!}
1 cup good marinara sauce
4 fresh kaiser rolls {you want soft and chewy rolls}
8 tablespoons butter
1 large clove garlic, minced

Directions:
Preheat skillet on medium heat and spray with non-stick oil spray.

Rub each chicken breast with olive oil, garlic salt & pepper. Place in skillet and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Top each piece of chicken with 2 tablespoons marinara each, 1 slice of mozzarella and 2 tablespoons parmesan. Heat another minute or two until melted.

Place rolls in toaster oven and toast until golden brown.

Place butter and minced garlic in a microwaveable mug.  Heat until butter is melted, approximately 20 seconds.  Pour onto top half of toasted roll.

Place chicken in between garlic bread bun, top with more cheese, marinara and freshly torn basil, if desired. Serve immediately.

Family Rating:  1 1/2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment