Monday, April 23, 2012

Recipe Repeat: Ricotta Cookies III

Like I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was responsible for bringing the dessert to Easter dinner.  While I made the trifle I always like to have a back-up dessert, just in case.  These cookies are a repeat that I made once before last year....I think!  I chose these because I had bought a big tub of ricotta that was on sale and was looking to make sure that I used it up (ricotta recipes coming soon!).  I'm glad that I made these again.  I didn't remember them tasting so good last time.  But these were delicious!  The ricotta helps make them super moist. I ended up making only a half recipe because I had the other dessert and there wasn't that many of us.  Oh how I wish I had made the whole amount!  These are addictingly good and I can't wait to make them again! 

Ricotta Cookies III
recipe slightly adapted from allrecipes.com - Lisa

Prep time:  15 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Yield: approximately 4 dozen

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
16 ounces ricotta cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon butter
1/2 teaspoon shortening
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup colored candy sprinkles

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.

2.In a large bowl, cream together the 1 cup of butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the ricotta cheese and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda, stir into the ricotta mixture. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.

3.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

4.To make the frosting warm the milk, 1/2 teaspoon of butter and shortening, in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until solids are melted. Remove from heat and gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Dip each cookie into the icing then dip in colored sugar or sprinkles.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment