Saturday, April 7, 2012

Children's Book Review: P Is for Passover

P is for Passover (Holiday Alphabet Books)

P Is For Passover
Written by:  Tanya Lee Stone
Illustrated by: Margeaux Lucas
Published by: Price Stern Sloan, 2003

from goodreads.com:
In this new shaped alphabet book, families will enjoy learning about Passover! Every page contains a letter of the alphabet along with sweet, rhyming text that corresponds with each letter. And as an added bonus, at the end of the book is the complete story of Passover. This is a perfect introduction to the holiday!

* My family is fortunate to be able to celebrate both Passover and Easter.  They fall so close together this year that it's going to be a very busy weekend for us!  After travelling to Maryland to visit my sister and her family this past week, we arrived back home on Friday.  Today we will make a trip to my husband's aunt's house to celebrate Passover and then tomorrow will be celebrating Easter with my family. 

I put a bunch of holiday books on hold at the library and honestly, after reading a few, most of them are just not worth reviewing.  We own a bunch of character-related books (Strawberry Shortcake, Corduroy, Dora, etc.) and there are a whole bunch more character themed holiday books that we don't own.  I did find two books in off our own shelves that I thought that I'd spotlight today and tomorrow.  This being the Passover book that we enjoy so much.

Told in rhyme, this book goes through each letter of the alphabet and introduces a Passover related word.  We enjoy reading this book every year at Passover as a little refresher before we have our Seder.  It's simple yet informative enough for even my three year-old son to understand. 

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment