Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bailey's Chocolate Cookies

I  have a pretty much whole bottle of Irish Cream left over from my St. Patrick's Day cooking.  So, I've been scouring blogs for recipes that use it.  I found these cookies and definitely wanted to give them a try.  Being home now full-time, I've started baking more, which is definitely bad for me, when I'm trying to eat a little more healthy, with summer fast approaching.  And when I make cookies and they sit on the counter, I may happen to take one.....every time I walk by!  Luckily, I have started freezing cookies....out of sight, out of mind.....until I need to take something out of the freezer.  Unfortunately, cooking with Irish Cream means my kids can't have the treats.  These cookies were moist and chocolatey with just a hint of alcohol.  The 2 hour chill time really helped make the cookies nice and fluffy!

Bailey's Chocolate Cookies
recipe from Gimme Some Oven

Yield:  30-40 cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 2/3 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
8 Tbsp. Irish Cream
1 cup white chocolate chips

Preparation:
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until combined.

Using an electric mixer, use the paddle attachment to cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add in the Irish cream one tablespoon at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl if needed to be sure that everything is well combined.. Add the dry ingredient mixture, and continue mixing until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.
Roll or scoop into balls and set on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Remove and carefully transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool. Keep remaining dough refrigerated until use.

Mommy & Daddy Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.



No comments:

Post a Comment