Thursday, May 17, 2012

Velveeta Italian Sausage Bake

Awhile back I bought a block of velveeta cheese, planning to make something, which of course I never did.  Luckily, I was searching through my cabinets for something and found it and happened to notice that the use by date was coming up in about two weeks.  So, off I went on a search for velveeta recipes!  I found this one at one my favorite sites Moms Crazy Cooking.  I have to say that I'm not a big fan of the block of cheese.  The kids ate this up and even had it for lunch the next day.  But it was cheesy and had salty meat (sausage!), so of course they loved it!  If only I loved it as much as they did would it earn a 2 thumbs up.  This is one of those dishes that requires a little prep and then cook time, but during the cook time I can get the kids showered!


Velveeta Italian Sausage Bake
recipe slightly adapted from Moms Crazy Cooking

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups Penne pasta
1 lb. Italian sausage
1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
1 can (6 oz.) tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon Penzys Pasta Sprinkle
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

Preparation:
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta as directed on package. Brown sausage in large skillet on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to break up sausage. Drain; return sausage to skillet. Stir in zucchini, tomato sauce and pasta sprinkle; cook 5 to 6 min. or until zucchini is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; Add to sausage mixture with velveeta cheese; mix lightly. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with Parmesan. Bake 15 to 20 min. or until heated through.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.











No comments:

Post a Comment