Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Balsamic-Mango Marinated Grilled Chicken

Unfortunately, during the weekday I cannot grill, until I get a grill pan, which I told my husband I am going to buy soon!  Especially since summer is coming and I have a ton of grilling recipes, but can't use our Weber charcoal grill!  When I saw this recipe the flavors sounded delicious, so even though it was "grilled" I thought that I'd just cook it in the cast iron skillet.  I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with this dish.  I marinated the chicken just as the recipe called for.  When it was time to eat it, it hardly had any flavor though!  I'm trying to be semi-healthy in my eating, so I made some cous-cous for the kids and I had my chicken over salad greens.  I used Ken's honey balsamic dressing, which definitely added extra flavor that the chicken lacked. 

Balsamic-Mango Marinated Grilled Chicken
from Recipe Girl

Ingredients:
4 boneless chicken breasts (pounded lightly to thin out if they are too thick)
1 cup mango nectar (I used Goya)
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large RIPE mango, peeled and chopped

Directions:
1. Combine chicken in a large zip bag with mango nectar, vinegar, olive oil and thyme- along with a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Zip the bag closed and move the chicken around in the bag to coat with the marinade. Lie the bag flat in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to 2 hours, turning the bag every so often to redistribute the marinade.

2. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Spray the grill with grilling spray (or rub the grates with oil). Drain the marinade from the chicken and grill about 4 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through.

3. Serve grilled chicken topped with chopped mango.

Family Rating:  So-so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment