Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fresh Peach Sangria

My husband and I hosted both sets of parents for Father's Day dinner.  I'm not a big drinker, especially wine.  I often end up with a headache and a bright red face!  But I do love sangria, both red and white.  So, I thought it would be nice to make a white sangria to serve to our guests.  I've had a photo copy of this recipe from the Down Home with the Neely's Cookbook for awhile now and thought it would be perfect to try out.  It had lots of fruit and was light and refreshing!  This is a perfect drink for a warm "almost" summer day.  This is a white sangria, although it's hard to tell from the picture below, since there's so much fruit in the bottom!


Fresh Peach Sangria
recipe slightly adpated from Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook

Ingredients:
2 bottles white wine, chilled
1/2 cup brandy
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup superfine sugar
4 peaches, pitted and sliced
2 plums, pitted and sliced
1 granny smith apple, cored and sliced
1 lemon, sliced

Directions:
Combine all of the ingredients in a pitcher and stir until the sugar is dissolved.  (We tried putting regular sugar in the mini food processor to make it "superfine" but didn't have much luck.  My husband ended up microwaving the sugar to fully dissolve it.  Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.  When ready to serve pour sangria over ice.

Mommy & Daddy Rating: 2 thumbs up!



No comments:

Post a Comment