Sunday, June 24, 2012

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

My family was invited to a barbecue hosted by the family of one of my daughter's classmates.  When I asked what to bring, I was of course told, nothing.  So, my daughter and I ended up baking a box of the Betty Crocker Funda-Middles cupcake mix that I had in the pantry for the kids.  Then I found this recipe in my dessert recipes folder and figured that even if there was already dessert you can't have too many cookies.  I'm not a huge oatmeal cookie eater.  Given a plate of cookies with Oatmeal Chocolate Chip or Oatmeal Raisin, they would probably be my last choice!  However, since I had almost all the ingredients I thought I'd give these a try.  It made enough that I ended up saving half of the batch to serve with dessert at our Father's Day dinner.  At the barbecue, an almost-two year old boy was sneaking these cookies non-stop (and this was before dessert since we couldn't stay)!  Both my parents and in-laws ended up really liking these cookies.  My kids ate them but weren't the biggest fans of them.  I thought that they were okay.  Definitely not my favorite cookie that I've ever made, but I don't think that I've yet to have a home made cookie that was really awful! 
Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
from the Ocean Spray website

Ingredients:
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 5-ounce package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375ºF.

Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.

Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.



1 comment:

  1. Chocolate cookies it's nice flavored and sweet..

    Thanks to share recipe..

    ReplyDelete