Friday, June 22, 2012

Egg Potato Salad

I don't know why I keep trying different potato salads.  I should just ask my mom for the recipe that she uses since I'm such a big fan of hers.  She's been making it ever since I can remember and it always tastes as good too! I love trying out new recipes though and saw this egg based one and had to try it.  I love hard-boiled eggs in my potato salad.  Of course, earlier in the day before I served this at our Father's Day dinner I tried a potato salad with a bacon vinegarette type dressing on it that was amazing!  So, between my mom's potato salad and the non-mayo bacon vinegarette based one that I had earlier in the day, this one really didn't have a chance.  I made this early in the morning so it could chill in the fridge and the flavors could meld while went out to a barbecue.  It was slightly tangy from the vinegar and pickle juice.  It wasn't bad.  I think I'm just used to the taste of my mom's. 



Egg Potato Salad
slightly adapted from The Cutting Edge of Ordinary

Ingredients:
6 medium sized russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
½ cup mayonnaise
1/3  cup sour cream
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
sprigs of thyme
handful of chives
salt
3-4 shakes of Penzys Salt-Free Mural of Flavor Seasoning
1/4  cup pickle juice
1-tablespoon apple cider vinegar

Directions:
Place a pot of water on stove on high.  Once boiling add potato pieces and boil for approximately 12 minutes, until fork-tender.  Drain and place into a large bowl.

In a medium size bowl mix the mayo, sour cream, mustard, thyme, chives, pepper, and Penzys Mural of Flavor Seasoning.

Stir gently into warm potatoes, add the pickle juice and vinegar and stir gently again. Refrigerate until cold.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment