Saturday, June 23, 2012

Children's Book Review: Out of the Ballpark

Out of the Ballpark

Out of the Ballpark
Written by:  Alex Rodriguez
Illustrated by:  Frank Morrison
Published by: HarperCollins, 2007

from goodreads.com:
New York Yankees third baseman Rodriguez, affectionately known to fans as A-Rod, delivers an exciting, often humorous story about a boy who puts his whole heart into baseball. This fictional tale celebrates effort, teamwork, and family, and shows that anyone can be successful if they work hard to achieve their dreams.

* Ever since I can remember, I've been a Yankees fan.  Not a huge, watch games on the television kind of fan.  But I have gone to numerous games. Of course the amount has definitely decreased since I've had kids!  They have both gone to at least one Yankees game though and have baseball caps.  When I saw this book I thought that my kids could relate since they have seen A-Rod play.  In this book, a young Alex loves baseball.  When he makes an error during a game he makes sure to keep practicing to prepare for the big championship game.  At the end of the story there's a note to the reader from Alex along with photos of him from his childhood.  This book kept the kids interest although they're not quite big baseball fans yet.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment