Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Weekend Chef: Peach, Prosciutto & Goat-Cheese Pizza

Another pizza recipe.  Believe me, I will never tire of eating homemade pizza.  Especially because the toppings are limitless!  Just the name of this pizza had me drooling.  Peaches, prosciutto, and goat cheese.....delicious!  My husband was nice enough to make this pizza the other night while I went to a zumba class.  So, when I got home my pizza wasn't as hot as I like I like it.  Regardless, I was expecting deliciousness.  Unfortunately, what I got was just okay.  The prosciutto got a bit hard and chewy.  I'm thinking maybe some caramelized onions might perk it up a little bit.  Maybe my expectations were too high!  I may have to try this one again in the future with some adaptations, because I feel like it has so much potential.

Peach, Prosciutto, & Goat-Cheese Pizza
recipe slightly adapted from epicurious.com

Ingredients:
1 store-bought pizza dough
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 firm-ripe peaches, cut into thin wedges and halved crosswise
8 very thin prosciutto slices, torn into pieces
3 oz soft mild goat cheese, crumbled

Preparation:
Put pizza stone in lowest position of oven and preheat oven to highest setting 500–550°F.
Shape dough into desired thickness and shape.

Brush dough with some oil and top each with peaches, prosciutto, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.

Bake until crisp and golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Drizzle remaining oil over pizza.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment