Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chicken Meatballs with Sweet Peanut Sauce

I think I've mentioned before that I really like meatballs.  I actually haven't made them in awhile though.  I saw this recipe and I liked that it used ground chicken instead of ground beef and that it had Asian flavors to it.  I think these were meant to be appetizer meatballs but I just rolled them a little larger to use as a main course.  They were super easy and quick to make.  They were also really tasty.....yes the kids liked these!  We all enjoyed the sweet peanut sauce.  I served these with rice, as seen below, steamed edamame, and some store-bought egg rolls.  This was a great Asian-inspired meal.

Chicken Meatballs with Sweet Peanut Sauce
from Every Day With Rachael Ray, June 2011

Ingredients:
1 pound ground chicken
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated onion
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons sesame oil
Chopped peanuts, for garnish

Directions:
Mix chicken, cilantro, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; roll into 1-tablespoon balls. In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook through, 6 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients (except peanuts) and warm in microwave. Toss meatballs with half of sauce and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve on toothpicks with remaining sauce for dipping.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment