Monday, June 4, 2012

Meatless Monday: Spinach and Potato Pizza

In the past I have joined a couple of different gyms.  Due to moving and/or rare use I ended up ending those memberships.  For the past couple of months I have been trying to get in shape on my own via exercise DVDs.  However, I'm really not disciplined enough and lacked motivation to really see any improvements.  This past week I ended up joining a local gym.  It's not one of the nation-wide chains and I feel like we're paying a fortune for me to go.   However, it's really close to the house, they have a pool, tennis courts, and tons of exercise classes.  They even have a women's only room with weight and exercise machines. Even with the cost, my husband has been very supportive of my decision.  I'm not going to diet on a program but I'm hoping to cook a little healthier for the family. 

Pizza is pretty much a weekly dinner menu staple in our house.  I love finding new pizza recipes.  When I saw this one in All You magazine I thought it sounded like a good vegeterian pizza.  My husband ended making this one for us.  It was quick and easy and really tasty!  I liked getting the extra veggies into my diet!  Of course we made a plain pizza for the kids. 

Spinach and Potato Pizza
recipe slightly adapted from All You , November 2011
Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 store bought pizza dough
8 ounces Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
8 ounces shredded Gruyère

Preparation:
1. Preheat pizza stone in oven to 475ºF.  Spread pizza dough out to desired shape/thickness.  Toss potatoes with 1 Tbsp. oil and scatter over dough. Sprinkle with salt. Scatter spinach over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.

2. Bake until underside of crust is golden and cheese is bubbling, about 12-15 minutes.

Mommy & Daddy rating:  1 1/2 thumbs up.

Shared with Makin' You Crave Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment