Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thai Turkey Tacos

I think that I've mentioned how much my family likes Mexican food.  I think my son will eat anything if it's wrapped up in a tortilla!  I saw this recipe and knew I was going to make it since it mixed Mexican and Asian....both cuisines that my family loves.  These tacos were really easy to make and super tasty.  The kids ate theirs all up!  I served with some edamame (see Friday's post!) and brown rice.  This made a lot, so we ended up with some leftovers for lunch.

Thai Turkey Tacos
recipe slightly adapted from Newlyweds: Exploring the Joys of Marriage

Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey
1 bag coleslaw mix
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice from 2 limes
2 tsp sesame oil
6 T soy sauce
4 T honey
1 T cumin
1 pk flour tortillas

Preparation:
Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add turkey; cook, crumble and stir until meat is no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, onion, and slaw mix; stir-fry with meat for 2-3 minutes until vegetables are wilted. While veggies cook  mix lime juice, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey and cumin in a small bowl.  Add sauce to meat mixture, stirring constantly to blend all ingredients, about one minute. Serve on warm tortillas.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment