Friday, June 1, 2012

Crockpot Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole

Although I have had this breakfast casserole bookmarked for awhile, I recently made the Velveeta Cheesy Bacon Hash Brown Bake first.  This was only because I was trying to use up a block of velveeta.  I figured the family wouldn't mind another breakfast casserole so soon though because the kids are such big fans of breakfast for dinner. Although this was super quick and easy, I have to say that we enjoyed the other breakfast casserole a lot more.  This lacked quite a bit in flavor.  The kids were dipping their casserole in ketchup while my husband and I were pouring hot sauce on top of ours.  Overall, it was just okay and I recommend the other slow cooker casserole over this one.

 Crockpot Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
recipe from Stephanie O'Dea's A Year of Slow Cooking

Ingredients:
30 oz package of plain frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
4 chicken and apple sausage links, sliced
1/2 onion, diced
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
12 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper

Preparation:
Spray the inside of crockpot with cooking spray. Pour hash browns in bottom, breaking up any clumps.

In a mixing bowl, mix the dozen eggs with the milk, salt and pepper, cheese, cut up sausage, and onion. Pour everything on top of the hash browns.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4. This is done when the eggs are fully cooked and the edges start to brown a bit.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment