Monday, June 18, 2012

Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies

I was cleaning out my kitchen shelves and came upon an unopened bag of Reese's peanut butter chips.  On the back of the bag was this recipe.  Since I had all the ingredients I figured that I'd whip a batch up.  Since the recipe yields 48 cookies I ended up halving the recipe.  The 24 cookies we ended up with was plenty!  As noted in step 3, the cookies will be soft after baking.  I was over eager to get them off the pan and several ended up breaking into bits.  When I was a bit more patient, the cookies hardened a bit on the pan and were able to be moved to the cooling rack.  The kids loved these.  I thought that they weren't bad.....(who doesn't like chocolate and peanut butter?!)  However, I've definitely had better cookies. 


Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies
from HERSHEY'S website

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.

2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

3.  Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.


No comments:

Post a Comment