Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Citrus Tilapia

Unfortunately, I don't often cook fish a lot.  If I'm going to make it, I have to buy it the day of, and somehow it's never on the menu the day I'm shopping.  I've decided that we needed to eat more fish though, especially since the kids like it and it's healthy!   I omitted the red pepper to make it kid-friendly.  Unfortunately, this recipe was disappointing.  I don't know if marinating it more would have helped.  It was just kind of bland.  This has not deterred me though from cooking more fish!

Sweet and Spicy Citrus Tilapia
from Cooking Light, August 2010

Ingredients:
4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
Cooking spray
1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Preparation:
1. Arrange fish in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Combine orange juice and next 9 ingredients (through garlic); pour over fish. Let stand 15 minutes.

2. Preheat broiler.

3. Sprinkle fish with paprika; broil 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Drizzle sauce over fish.

Family Rating: So-so.

No comments:

Post a Comment