Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pete's Scratch Pancakes with Pineapple

I know that I already posted a Dutch Baby Pancake recipe earlier this week.  However, I had made that recipe a couple of weeks ago and was having problems posting it.  I made these pancakes just this past week.  Plus, my kids are big pancake lovers that they would probably love it if I made them more often! My kids love pineappple....canned, fresh, it doesn't matter to them!  So when I saw this recipe I thought they'd like them.   Unfortunately, the original recipe didn't specify what size can of crushed pineapple to use.  I bought the smaller 8 oz. size can. I thought the 20 oz. because it is supposed to be undrained would be too much liquid.  However, after making these I'm not sure.  There was hardly any pineapple flavor to the pancakes.  You occasionally got a bite of crushed pineapple but there wasn't much.  I may try making these again with the 20 oz. can, just to see.  The kids enjoyed them and they made a ton, so we had plenty of leftovers for other breakfasts.

Pete's Scratch Pancakes with Pineapple
from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 3/4 cups milk
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 eggs, beat them separately before adding to mixture
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
can crushed pineapple, undrained (original recipe didn't specify, but I used 8 oz.)

Directions:
Combine dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.

Then combine eggs and butter to the milk and slowly add in flour mixture.

Fold in pineapple.

Let sit for 10 minutes.

Cook. Flip when bubbles appear and then done when sides are browned.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment