Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I am a recipe follower.  I am not very creative in coming up with my own flavor combinations and knowing what goes with what.  My husband, a.k.a. "The Weekend Chef" on the other hand loves to throw things together and somehow, more often than not, it comes out amazingly good.  But, don't ask him to make it exactly the same or how much of an ingredient he used!  So, I was very proud of myself when I came up with the following recipe on my own (well, maybe not exactly on my own....)  I know, baking is more exact than just experimenting with something for dinner.  But I knew I wanted to make banana chocolate chip muffins and when I went looking for a new recipe to try, they all called for ingredients that I didn't have.  Looking at many different muffin recipes (not just banana chocolate chip ones!) I kind of combined and tried bits and pieces of many different recipes to get the muffin base.  Overall, I was very happy with this recipe, as were the kids, although as seen in the picture below they came out a little flat!


Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
The Busy Mom (my own recipe!)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
5 tablespoons butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
8 oz. plain yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Using mixer, beat sugar and butter until creamed, then add eggs one at a time.

3. Combine the dry ingredients (flour through salt) in a small bowl. 

4.  Alternately add the flour mixture and the yogurt into the sugar mixture until mixed well.

5.  Fold in the bananas and chocolate chips.

6.  Bake 15-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.

*This made 18 muffins for me.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment