Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Product Review: Thermos Brand 10 oz. Food Jar


When my daughter started Kindergarten I wondered what I would send her for lunch everyday.  I don't like her eating the same thing everyday but we wouldn't have the convenience of an available microwave to heat lunch up, like we did when she was at daycare.  I figured that I'd try using a thermos so I could send her in with leftovers and/or hot food for lunch.  I bought this thermos shown from Amazon.com, back in September.  Once it arrived, we immediately started using it to send her lunch in.


Every day I would ask her, "How was your lunch?  Too hot, too cold, or just right?"  Surprisingly, she would tell me it was just right, but then again, she doesn't like her food very hot.  It's hard to believe but I only decided to "test" the thermos this past week. I tried it using some leftover Mexican rice that I had made earlier in the week.  Around 8:30 in the morning I prepped the thermos as I normally do when sending her in with lunch.  First I filled the thermos with hot water and let it sit for a few minutes.  I usually let the hot water sit in the thermos for 10-15 minutes while we finish up breakfast.  Then I poured the water out, and after microwaving the rice for 1 minute 45 seconds I spooned the rice into the thermos.  I closed the thermos and left it on the counter and then went out and did the weekly grocery shopping.  Around 12:30 when my son and I were getting ready to eat lunch I checked the rice in the thermos to see if it was warm.  Since I normally like my food piping hot, I was pleasantly surprised to find the rice was warm enough for my liking.  

Amazon.com sells these 10 oz. food jars in all different designs including,  Barbie, Cars, Minnie Mouse, Tinkerbell, and Toy Story 3.  The prices currently range from $9.78 to $18.68, depending on the design.  I've sent the thermos filled with soup, mac and cheese, pasta with butter and cheese, pizza cut up into bite-sized pieces, and chicken nuggets, for my daughter's lunch. It sure beats a peanut butter and jelly sandwich everyday.  Since we've cut back on her buying school lunch since she doesn't have enough time to eat it, she can at least enjoy a hot lunch!

*Disclosure:  This product was purchased by myself.  I was not compensated for the product or for this review.  I am just a fan of the thermos and wanted to share a great product with you!






No comments:

Post a Comment