Thursday, February 9, 2012

Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies

For some reason I'm not a huge chocolate fan, but I love red velvet.  I don't know why and probably shouldn't because of all the red food coloring.....but I don't eat it (or make it) very often.  I saw this recipe and bookmarked it.  When I saw I that I already had all the ingredients I HAD to make them that day!  They're super easy to make since the recipe uses cake mix as the base.  Just be warned this recipe does call for a 2 hour chill time before rolling and baking. Like the title mentions, these are gooey, soft cookies. I am not a big crunchy cookie fan, so these were right up my alley.  Of course the kids loved them (heck, they like any cookie -store bought or homemade!).  I did end up giving them an extra sprinkle of confectioners sugar after they cooled and I plated them. My picture does not do them justice.  Check the link below to see the pic of why I HAD to make these!


Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies
tasteandtellblog.com
http://www.tasteandtellblog.com/2012/01/red-velvet-gooey-butter-cookies/#more-3727

Ingredients:
8-oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 box red velvet cake mix
confectioners' sugar, for dusting

Instructions:
In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the cream cheese and the butter. Beat in the egg, then the vanilla. Beat in the cake mix until completely combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350°F.

Roll the chilled dough into tablespoon sized balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar, and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment