Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts with Cranberry Sauce

I saw this recipe and the super short ingredient list and wanted to try it.  However, the original recipe called for a 4-6 pound frozen turkey breast.  I didn't have a turkey breast so I thought that I'd try it with chicken breasts.  Like I've mentioned in previous posts, I have difficulty with the cooking times on my slow cooker.  It tends to overcook food, so I often program the slow cooker for less time than recipes call for.  I think even using frozen chicken breasts (they were cut thin) this recipe cooked in less than 4 hours. The flavors were good, a little on the sweet side from the cranberry sauce.  Talk about easy and with so few ingredients, it was super easy for a weeknight meal.


Slow Cooker Chicken Breats with Cranberry Sauce
recipe adapted from Cooking Light Message Boards, posted by Molli526


Ingredients:
2 pounds chicken breasts, frozen
1 can cranberry sauce
1 package Lipton Onion Soup

Directions:Put all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on Low for approximately 4 hours.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.




No comments:

Post a Comment