Thursday, February 2, 2012

Slow Cooker: Honey Garlic Chicken

Here's another fast and easy slow cooker recipe.  I actually made this over the weekend.  My daughter had a birthday party and my husband was out with our son.  So, as soon as we got home from the party I stuck this in the slow cooker and my daughter and I were able to go out and play.  Next time I would definitely make only half the sauce because it made way too much!  I liked using the boneless thighs since the chicken was so tender (but didn't fall apart as I took it out!) and the kids could easily eat it.  The kids enjoyed this.  My son especially liked the pineapple chunks!


Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken recipe adapted from allrecipes.com - by TORA.V

Ingredients:
10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup lite soy sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water

Directions:
1. Place thighs in a slow cooker.

2.In a bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and reserved pineapple juice. Pour into the slow cooker.

3.Cover, and cook 4 hours on High. Stir in pineapple tidbits just before serving.

4.Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Remove thighs from slow cooker. Blend the cornstarch mixture into remaining sauce in the slow cooker to thicken. Serve sauce over the chicken.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.

1 comment:

  1. This popped up right when your site opened, and I was instantly thinking I was going to make whatever it was! I'm a new follower from the Diva blog hop! I'm making that for Superbowl, I'm from Massachusetts, so this year it's a big one around here ;)
    Kim
    http://www.mytwintasticlife.com/

    ReplyDelete