Friday, February 24, 2012

Clam Sauce with Linguine

I've always loved linguine with clam sauce.  This recipe caught my eye with the use of mushrooms.  Did I mention that I also love mushrooms?!  This was super quick and easy to make and a nice change from the normal pasta with red sauce.  Unfortunately, I find that canned clams, small to begin with, seem to shrink when you cook them. I thought you could hardly taste them, though that's probably why my kids ate all of their dinner up (minus the mushrooms!). 

Clam Sauce with Linguine
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com - by Silvia Granger

Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
1/2 cup butter
3 cloves chopped garlic
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 (6.5 ounce) cans chopped clams with juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

2.Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and mushrooms until golden brown. Stir in clams with juice, salt and white pepper. Cook over medium heat until hot. Toss with pasta until evenly coated. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.

Family Rating:  1 1/2 thumbs up!

1 comment: