Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sesame-Soy Meatballs

I recently watched an old episode of Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern and discovered there's a restaurant in NYC called The Meatball Shop that serves....you, guessed it, meatballs, in all kinds of variations!  I'm a big fan of meatballs, meatloaf, etc. so this recipe definitely caught my eye.  It was super easy to make, quick to cook, and even better, tasted really good!  We only made 16 meatballs, but they were so good that my husband and I finished them all (minus 4, 2 each for the kids).  The kids complained that they were too spicy (due to the chile paste) but I was hoping the sweetness would balance it out.  I will definitely be making these again for me and my husband! We served these with spicy rice and some peas.  Delish!

Sesame-Soy Meatballs
Cooking Light, November 2010

Ingredients:
1/3 cup minced green onions
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
1 tablespoon chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 pound ground sirloin
Cooking spray

Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.

2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Add beef; mix gently to combine. With moist hands, shape beef mixture into 20 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs.

3. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the meatballs to pan; cook 4 minutes, turning to brown meatballs on all sides. Arrange browned meatballs in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining meatballs. Bake meatballs at 400° for 7 minutes or until done.

Mommy & Daddy Rating: 2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment