Saturday, February 4, 2012

Children's Book Review: My Name Is Not Isabella

My Name is Not Isabella

My Name is not Isabella
Written by: Jennifer Fosberry
Illustrated by: Mike Litwin
Published by: Monkey Barrel Press, 2008

from goodreads.com:
From breakfast to bedtime, a young girl imagines being different women who made history, and ends the day empowered to be herself.

* Isabella's day begins when she wakes up and tells her mom that her name is NOT Isabella.  Throughout the day she becomes several different famous women including, Annie Oakley, Rosa Parks, Elizabeth Blackwell and Sally Ride.  This is a great picture book to introduce girls to strong female role models.  I liked that the end of the book included mini biographies about each woman mentioned. I haven't seen or heard of many pictures like this and even though we got this one from the library, it's a book that I wouldn't mind having on our bookshelves.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up!


No comments:

Post a Comment