Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mussels with Garlic & White Wine

When mussels are on sale at the grocery store, a 2 lb. bag for $2.99, I couldn't resist buying some.  I am a big seafood lover and don't eat mussels very often.  I was looking for a recipe that didn't have the usual wine and garlic, but honestly I don't eat these enough and love the popular style so I decided to go with it.  This recipe was a little different with the addition of cream.  And of course we needed lots of french bread for dipping in the broth.  My son was super adventerous to try a mussel.  I ended up making Clam Sauce with Linguine (see tomorrow's post!) for the kids since I kind of knew they wouldn't eat this.

Mussels With Garlic & White Wine
Recipe adapted from food.com- by Tebo

Ingredients:
2 lbs fresh mussels
4 cloves garlic , minced
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
½ cup dry white wine
¼ cup heavy cream
salt & pepper

Directions:
1. In a pot large enough to hold mussels, heat butter on medium heat.

2. Add garlic and mussels, toss and warm for two minutes.

3. Add wine, cream, salt& pepper.

4. Raise heat to med-high, cover and cook 5 minutes.

5. Check during cooking.

6. Do not overcook.

7. Mussels are done when shells have opened.

Mommy & Daddy Rating: 2 thumbs up.


No comments:

Post a Comment