Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Children's Book Review: I Always, ALWAYS Get My Way

I Always, ALWAYS Get My Way

I Always, ALWAYS Get My Way
Written by:  Thad Krasnesky
Illustrated by:  David Parkins
Published by: Flashlight Press, 2009
32 pages

This picture book is about a little girl named Emmy who makes some pretty bad decisions.  From borrowing her older sister's new skateboard, making a big, muddy mess of the house, and spilling juice all over dad, Emmy makes her family members mad.  However, her mother always seems to be sticking up for her saying, "but she's only three."  Emmy has used this excuse to get herself out of trouble until even her mother has even reached her limit.  Emmy finally learns that there are consequences for her choices.

Told in rhyme this is a cute story that my kids enjoyed.  While reading we would stop and ask if what Emmy was doing was very nice (it usually wasn't!). In addition to us reading it together, my daughter read this one on her own several times, and had my parents read it to her when they came for a visit. 

Family Rating:  1 1/2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment