Okay, is your mouth watering from reading the title of this recipe?!! Mine sure was. As soon as I saw it I thought, "I have to make this!" Lucky me, peaches were on sale at the grocery store for $1.49/lb! I was definitely worried that they wouldn't be sweet enough since this recipe was originally posted in the summer, when peaches are in season, juicy, and delicious. I made sure to pick out the ripest, softest peaches that I could find and they were surprisingly tasty. The original recipe made enough for two pizzas. I knew my daughter wasn't going to eat this so I halved everything to make one pizza. Maria and Josh also made their own pizza dough (check out the link below to go to their site for the recipe!). I liked the salty/sweet combo and the balsamic reduction was delicious! This was also really quick and easy to make.
Peach, Basil, Mozzarella, & Balsamic Pizza
Recipe adapted From Two Peas and Their Pod
Original Recipe found at: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/peach-basil-mozzarella-balsamic-pizza/
For the balsamic reduction:
1 cup balsamic vinegar
For the pizza:
1 store bought pizza dough
1 tablespoons olive oil
4 ounces fresh mozzarella-sliced
2 peaches-thinly sliced
1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
To make the balsamic reduction:
1. Pour balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the vinegar has reduced to 1/4 cup. Set aside, and cool to room temperature.
To make the pizza:
1. Preheat pizza stone in oven at 450 degrees F.
2. Roll out pizza dough to desired shape/thickness. Lightly brush the dough with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Top the dough with fresh mozzarella rounds, peach slices, and fresh basil. Drizzle the pizza with balsamic reduction.
3. Place the pizza in the oven-directly on the pizza stone. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until pizza crust is golden and cheese is melted.
4. Let the pizza cool for a few minutes and then cut into slices and serve warm.
Mommy & Daddy Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.