Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I think that I've mentioned that I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day.  To me, it's just an overly-commercialized holiday.  However, for my kids, especially my daughter, it's a day filled with hearts, valentines, and candy.  I have to say that I am having fun trying to make the day fun for the kids. 

We started the day with heart-shaped waffles (just used a cookie cutter on some Aunt Jemima waffles!).  For lunch, my daughter requested a sandwich because she remembered last year that I cut her sandwich in a heart shape and wanted another one (how cute! And what a great memory she has!).  I had my husband write a little valentine love note on a heart-shaped piece of paper to surprise her at lunch.  We spent yesterday afternoon writing out all of her valentines and attaching the heart-shaped Jolly Rancher lollipops.  So, I know when she comes home from school today she will be super excited to show the family all of the valentines that she received from her classmates.  For dinner we'll be having steak, mashed potatoes, and broccoli rabe with a special sweet dessert treat.  After dinner I've organized a special valentine's scavenger hunt where the kids are going to read clues and search for "kisses" (Hershey's kisses). Overall, I'm hoping the kids have a great day!  How are you celebrating today?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment